12/16/2004

The SetiStar

The computer runs! It runs! One would think it was now time for me to sit back and pat myself on the back. "Woot, Zak, woot and leet," I should say to myself "rejoice in your major modding skillage, for u have pwned." But no, I don't (usually) talk like that, and work on the computer is not finished. I can't run any games yet or connect to the internet, which is necessary for downloading SETI@Home. This is because my graphics card and LAN controller (what my computer uses to connect to our cable modem) do not have the proper drivers to operate with my motherboard. Normally I would download them from the internet, but that doesn't work, so I'll have to download the LAN driver from another computer, burn it onto a disk, and install it on my computer. Then I will be able to download the graphics driver from the internet.

The computer now has a name, the "SetiStar." I might change this in the future, but I like the way it sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home